Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization techniques practiced on a regular basis for both on-page and off-page search optimization are the keys to increase website traffic. Using traffic magnets to expand your circle of influence involve producing content that engages people and people feel valuable enough to share with their social networks.
Optimizing your website for free rankings in the search engine world is something you want to do right off the bat, but understand, the results may take time to come. After you’ve optimized your website and you’re waiting for the traffic to come, paid search can bring you immediate results in the meantime.
Over the past decade, the way search engines rank websites has changed a great deal. The basics of optimization are the same, but there is more focus on “off page” factors rather than “on page” factors, which we’ll explain in a bit. Add to that, social media is playing a large role in establishing rankings and that is something that should not be ignored. if you wish to use social signals to increase your website traffic.
What are traffic magnets?
Traffic Magnets are items of content which enrich,engage and give people an understanding of your viewpoint and what you see as important and useful. Search engine optimization should permeate every character on your website. Search engines crawl unique web pages. Using those keywords in your titles, headlines, content, links and other elements can help you rank well, but long-term ranking requires more than that. By consistently producing plenty of fresh content, you’re showing yourself as relevant to search engines and you’re more likely to enjoy a sweet place in the rankings for your many keywords.
Content has many benefits in a Search Engine Marketing campaign that utilizes SEO as a tool. Think about what you would like to offer to your search traffic. Your content can fill a need by:
- Demonstrating your expertise in a particular area with informational articles for customers
- How-to articles that will address the needs of those uncertain visitors and convince them to use your product
- Provide product reviews and testimonials that solidify your product credibility
- Appearing in article directories for greater exposure across the Internet
Continually update your content to keep the website fresh in a way that assists organic search engine optimization. Content is crawled on your website and ranked in search engines. It takes a few months or longer to see if optimized content is working so it’s a good thing that that is not the only marketing tool you will employ in the name of web search optimization, relevancy and increasing website traffic.
- Create excellent content because it affects the following:
- How much your content is shared on social media…this provides important clues to search engines about the quality of your content.
- How long a search engine user stays on your site. If searches on a search engine and finds your site, but clicks back right away, it will tell the search engine that you may not be very relevant for that phrase.
- How often your content is linked to. If you have good stuff, people will link to it…but beware, search engines can detect quality links, so old self-linking practices are dead.
- Make sure you have a social media presence and you readily encourage your visitors to share your content on social media. It’s important that you’re being seen all over the web, if you want Google to give you favor.
- Ways to ensure you’ve got quality engaging content that attracts users and search engines:
- Each page should be on one unique topic.
- Your navigation is clear and all your content is easily found by humans and search engines.
- Use attention-getting headlines to grab your visitors’ attention and so they know they’re in the right place.
- Make your content easy to read by using short sentences and paragraphs. Keep your words simple.
- Break up your copy with subheads and bullet points, so viewers can scan it easily…instead of having them click away.
- Use images to draw the eye in and tell a story with your content. Humans are visual creatures and photos and other images can help retain their attention.
- Don’t forget to connect with other website owners in your niche. Friends tend to share the content of others, so this is just a win-win for all of you.