Questions and Answers
The Internet has also become a large market for companies; some of the biggest companies today have grown by taking advantage of the efficient nature of low-cost advertising and commerce through the Internet, also known as e-commerce. It is the fastest way to spread information to a vast number of people simultaneously. The Internet has also subsequently revolutionized shopping—for example; a person can order a CD online and receive it in the mail within a couple of days, or download it directly in some cases. The Internet has also greatly facilitated personalized marketing which allows a company to market a product to a specific person or a specific group of people more so than any other advertising medium.
Examples of personalized marketing include online communities such as MySpace, Friendster, Orkut, Facebook and others which thousands of Internet users join to advertise themselves and make friends online. Many of these users are young teens and adolescents ranging from 13 to 25 years old. In turn, when they advertise themselves they advertise interests and hobbies, which online marketing companies can use as information as to what those users will purchase online, and advertise their own companies' products to those users.
New ideas? Mobile marketing, blog marketing, using social networking sites to build your brand. Other than that, it's basically the classic ways that have proven to be effective in marketing online — search engine marketing, link building, viral marketing, online PR campaigns, etc.
You can use pay per click advertising in the search engines to reach audiences looking for your products. You can use Google Adwords Http://www.google.com/adwords or Yahoo Http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com
Here are some shoestring marketing ideas that can help you get the visitors you need at the least cost possible:
1. Create the best content you can with the best products you can possibly offer. Your content is your best advertisement – if visitors love your content, then they will go back and spread the word to others.
2. Make it easy for users to recommend your site. Viral marketing is very important — and easy to tap on the Web. But give your users the tools. Get a Recommend this Site script from websites such as cgiscripts.com and similar directories of scripts. Some even go as far as giving incentives to those who recommend the site to their friends. If only 10 people go to your site, but these 10 people invite 10 more – that's additional traffic that you get for FREE!
Recommend Site Scripts (various) Http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Sc…
Big Nose Bird Recommend this Site Http://bignosebird.com/carchive/birdcast…
CGI Resource Index Http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_an…
3. Rank well in the search engines (organic search results, not the pay per click). SEs can be a big source of traffic. The key is to create the best content in your niche. If you have good content, other websites will gladly link to you and offer your site as a resource to their audience. Check the on-page factors and be sure to get linked from authority sites in your topic area.
If you are going to read only one piece on search engine optimization, I suggest you read Brett Tabke of WebmasterWorld.com's "Successful Site in 12 Months with Google Alone: 26 steps to 15k a day." Http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/201…
4. Send out press releases. While outfits charge as much as $650 per release, there are free press release submission places on the Web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (b) get more back links to your website without sending each website an email request; and (c) get more visibility especially if your press release gets in Google News or Yahoo News.
5. Submit articles. Write articles and submit them to websites accepting author submissions. You get exposure for your business; establishes you as an authority in your field, and allows you to get backlinks for your website. If 50 websites publish your article and it contains a link back to your website, then you easily get 50 links from a single article. The more links you have, the greater your chances for increasing your search engine rankings.
Here is a comprehensive list of where to submit your articles Http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylt=…
Google Base Http://base.google.com
Classifieds for Free Http://www.classifiedsforfree.com/…
Text Link Exchange Http://www.txtswap.com/
Yahoo Classifieds Http://classifieds.yahoo.com/
US Free Ads Http://www.usfreeads.com/
The benefits of marketing your product through the internet is exposure, immediacy, automation. If you are marketing your product from a brick-and-mortar business (think physical location) then your customer base may be limited to those who can physically come to your store. You may be able to increase your exposure a little bit through advertising, but it is pretty much limited to those who will travel to your store. When you market through the internet, your customer base can be not just those in your local, but those in your state, country, or even the world. Internet marketing opens the "potential" market in an unlimited way.
The internet creates an environment of immediacy. If you want something, you don't have to get in a car to find it, or try to remember it when you go shopping, you can find it online, order it, and have it shipped to you. This type of immediacy creates markets that didn't exist before the Internet, because of impulse buying online.
Once you set up an online store front, it can continue to bring in customers long after you have stopped working on it. This is one of the advantages of the Internet that is the most sought after, passive income that can continue to bring in revenue without continual effort. Although this is sometimes harder than most people realize, it is also more powerful than most people give it credit for. Once an income stream has been created, and the methods for finding new customers and following up with current customers can be automated, then they can continue to bring in revenue for months or years to come. New streams of income can be created, and will augment each other providing massive rivers of income.
The challenges of marketing your product through the internet is "exposure", targeting, and competition. The reality of Internet Marketing is that even though the world is your potential market, getting your message out to everyone that might be interested is made much more difficult and challenging. Where can you post your message to reach the most people? What strategies and methodologies will help you spread that message? (SEO, email marketing, pay-per-click, article marketing, solo ads, viral reports…)
Among the other challenges is targeting. If your message goes out to hundreds of thousands of people who really have no interest in your message, than you won't see many conversion–however, if what you offer can solve a vexing problem for them, then they will be attracted to your message immediately.
And lastly, competition. What kind of competition do you have? If you had a local business, then the competition would be limited to other similar stores in your vicinity. However, once you expand your reach through the internet, you now find yourself with a lot of other suppliers that you have to compete with. How will you position your product to out-rank the competition? Through service, bonuses, price-point, sales copy,…?
Internet Marketing can be very beneficial and at the same time very challenging. The number of people that actually do well compared to the staggering number that try can be quite small, but for those who do well, and for those who just make a little extra every month, it is usually satisfying and worth the effort.
Attraction Marketing+ Sales Funnel [Achieve Financial Freedom]